Friday, March 25, 2011

Lights

Lights. What a beautiful concept.
At the flick of a switch we can manipulate the environment to suit our needs.
They help us to see clearly.
But sometimes,
They help us to see too clearly, that we focus only on that which is lit.
Leading to an ignorance of the peripheral.

- anonymous -

I remember driving back from Hamilton, each snowflake haphazardly making its' way down to the planet we live on. Darkness shrouded the sky, and furious winds were shooting across the highway roads. It continued to snow, but the snow was unseen for it was entangled in the darkness.

"It's dark, turn on your high beams, it'll help you see the road clearer".

So I did. And what a sight! The beams of the car lit up each falling snowflake, giving them a white glow as they fell. It was as if God was throwing down pieces of heaven from the sky, proving his existence in a most majestic manner. To think that such beauty permeated the sky I was travelling under, but would not have known if I had not turned on my high beams. The light helped me to see the beauty.

But the beauty was so alluring and charming that it proved to be dangerous. The snow flakes glowed so much from the high beams that I could not see the road any longer. So I turned off my lights, as I could not contain the light.

For when the light shone I could not see the road. And when the light was dimmed I could focus on my goal. The light and its beauty is overwhelming, and I cannot contain the light.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulation! Helly Hansen baselayers are ideal for
    experiencing the components. Their awesome
    hydrophobic Lifa* material goes wetness away
    from the epidermis developing a dry part to
    keep you relaxed and heated throughout
    different stages of action.
    Halifax suits

    ReplyDelete