Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dinner with my Aunt and Uncle

19:00- Dinner is ready!

19:05- High school cousin gets ready to leave the house

19:06- Aunt shouts and asks, "your girlfriend is here here to pick you up already?"

19:07- Cousin says, "yeah, gotta go now"

19:08- I say, "WHAAAAAAT?"

19:09- I complain to my aunt and uncle, "since when did he get a girlfriend!? How come he got one before me!"

19:10- Aunt and Uncle tell me how "yeu" I should feel. Even with a car and currently studying Masters degree, I am still single.

19:11- I complain that it's because the car they are lending me is not nice enough. They shoot me down saying my cousin doesn't have a car, and in addition to that he gets rides from his girlfriend.

19:13- I complain saying that my house isn't nice enough, but of course, my cousin lives in this house too. Shot down again.

19:16- My uncle tells me the whole family and extended family are all waiting on me (apparently I'm the only one who doesn't or didn't have a girlfriend before).

19:18- My aunt and uncle start making excuses for me out of sympathy, saying that maybe I don't have a girlfriend because I am too popular, thus girls are scared that I am very 'fa sum'.

19:20- My aunt starts telling me about a friend she knows whose son was healthy, gifted and talented, and just turned out to be gay recently.

19:30- My aunt asks very sincerely......

"nei hai mm hai gay ah?"




13 comments:

  1. JOSES: "WHAAAAAT. SO STOOOPID. SO STOOOOPID."

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should've just agreed at the 花心 part and the convo would've stopped there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I use this in my sermon some time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He couldn't have seen "Are you gay?" was the next conclusion they stumble on.

    You should have played along and said, "Yes, I live with 4 handsome guys. We call ourselves the retirement home." Just to see their reaction. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw... i actually find this kinda cute aha! please don't take it the wrong way :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the min-by-min documentation.
    Rooting for you. But you knew that already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. at lease ur aunt thinks ur healthy, gifted and talented.

    U should say that u live with 4 other such guys.

    Isn't being asian trying to be healthy, gifted and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe i just read this.. oh josie posie. we need to talk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gum do die nei hai mm hai ar?

    ReplyDelete