Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011

With this third post, I am well on my way to beating my old record for keeping my blog alive. (I believe in my old blog I only had three posts over the span of around 2 years). Anyhow, I wanted to give kudos to Salina Chan for helping me set up this "simple and beautiful" blog, even though we both agree that the title sounds kind of lame (JOSES FROM HALIFAX).

2011
It is always a blessing to be able to sit down, relax, and realize that another year has passed. Many, many unforeseen events occurred in 2010. For all of you reading this, regardless of whether these events have been good or bad, it is my belief that we can all lift our chins up high and proclaim with a sense of triumph: "We made it". We made it as a community of believers, we made it as an earthly family, we made it as a brother/sister, doesn't matter, we made it.

Personally for me, 2010 has been a year of change. Here are some of the major events that occurred.

1. Graduation
2. Accepted to Masters in Waterloo
3. Trip to Hong Kong to see family
4. Started a fellowship with high school friends which is still running strong today (known as Fruitloops)
5. Went to Cambodia for 6 weeks for missions (by my own accord and by myself)
6. Started Masters
7. Passed my first term of Masters with flying colors =)
8. Spent a lot of Christmas break with NTCBC folks, (it was nice to finally be able to hang out with them a bit more consistently, aka showing up to a lot of the events).
9. The ability to occasionally beat a Korean in a blizzard game (Starcraft 2).

Now that 2011 is still in its infancy, the year 2012 seems a distant future away. At times it may seem like we'll never make it so far. But in reality, in the same way 2010 passed by in the blink of a eye, so 2011 will also fly by. Pretty soon, we will be able to look back at the year 2011 and say: "we made it, again".




No comments:

Post a Comment